Wednesday, May 04, 2005

underneath the radar: week twenty

So Music is My Radar has ended for the first grid of 2005. Thank you all so much for your listenership, I really appreciate it. I started off this whole experience with fear, trepidation, anxiety. I left with all those feelings intact but along the way I managed to make some really amazing friends & musical alliances. I talked to some incredibly inspiring musical figures, I indulged in some deep and meaningfuls with the least suspecting individuals. I made some mistakes, I made some improvements. I came to terms with the idea that people don't really care all that much. When I realised they did, I came to terms with the exposure. It's been a real epoch for me.

i know it's over..

For the last Radar showdown, there was a running commentary of the show, as interpreted by a huge and largely international listenership from the unofficial Bloc Party forum, alwaysnewdepths.com. You can check this out, in a thread that extended 12 pages, 166 posts and 740 views in the two hours the show went to air. Gawd. Isn't that unbelievable?

CLICK FOR OODLES OF RADAR PRAISING

The show was more or less a best of session, my favourite tracks really. Songs from the Front Row featured White Stripes covering Bobby Dylan, Muse covering Nina Simone and Queen singing in Hungarian in Nep Stadium, Budapest.. as well as some Bloc Party, live from Paris. More covers included Placebo and Supergrass covering the Smiths and the Futureheads' impressive Kate Bush cover, Hounds of Love. Electronic Ecstasy featured Ladytron, Fischerspooner, live Depeche Mode and some rare New Order.

Playlist for May 2nd
Hot Hot Heat - Get in or Get out
The Departure - All Mapped Out
Elastica - Annie
White Stripes - Lovesick (live)
Muse - Feeling Good (live)
Queen - Tavaszi Szel (live)
Bloc Party - The Marshalls are Dead (live)
The Dears - 22: Death of All Romance
Blur - Clover Over Dover
Handsome Boy Modelling School - The World is Mad
The Futureheads - Hounds of Love
Placebo - Bigmouth Strikes Again
Supergrass - Some girls are bigger than others
Ladytron - Evil
Fischerspooner - Never Win
Cranberries - When You're Gone
Depeche Mode - Shake the Disease (live at the Pasadena Rose Bowl)
Arctic Monkeys - Fake Tales of San Francisco
Bloc Party - Pioneers
Placebo - Special Needs
Interpol - Slow Hands
The Cure - Gone!
New Order - The Perfect Kiss (recorded from the video shoot)
Morrissey - There's a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends

So that's it. Fear not, Amanda of belief=function=belief shall maintain the indielove lineage for many weeks to come, catch wonderful tunes and reflections, Mondays 8pm-10pm. Before I go I'd like to extend special love and thanks to many in no particular order. This especially includes Adam, Amanda, Laur, Spiro, Nadine, Andrew, Ethan, Mez, Tina, Ang, Luke, Sharron, Karen, Adrian, Mary-Anne and all the other listeners, regular or irregular. Love you all. Goodnight, xx

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

What am I going to do 10-12 Mondays now? :(

11:45 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

Well, what can I say? Your show was brilliant, really. Best playlist for the whole 20 weeks and despite fears that you might spontaneously combust live on air, twas one of the bestest shows evaar.

Well done El, and I must extend the thanks to you. It's nice to know that someone is on the same wavelength, someone out there in the vast country of Australia, shares the passion.

Congrats,

amanda xo

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree one hundred per cent with what all these guys have said: I'll miss your show heaps, it was great and fantastic and wonderful and every other good word I can think of...
And just one more little thing I have to add for myself - who can fill your shoes?

8:50 PM  
Blogger MockBa said...

thanks for visit my blog. good luck

MockBa

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home